It’s been a while since I have posted on my small, humble space on the internet. Today I made some, what I refer to as, ‘peanut butter balls’. They are a simple mix of plain Scottish oats, golden syrup, and peanut butter.
Unfortunately, today I had to use maple syrup as my golden syrup had gone off. Having tried them with maple syrup, they definitely taste better with normal golden syrup. DO NOT use maple syrup, would be my advice!
The quantities used here make around 11 large peanut butter balls. I don’t know what else to call them! 😛
- 3 tbl spoons of plain oats
- 1 1/2 tbl spoons of crunchy peanut butter (personally I find crunchy is better for making these sweet treats, as it just adds extra texture alongside the oats.)
- 2 tbl spoons of golden syrup
*Note: Taste as you go along! If you prefer your snacks to be less sweet, add less syrup and replace with more peanut butter and oats.
- After washing your hands, put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix. This will eventually form a dough-like consistency and it will become more difficult to stir so you may have to use your hands to mix well.
- Tear small sections off and roll to form dough balls.
- Place in a container or individual paper cups and place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
That’s It! These must be kept refrigerated and it is best to eat them within a week of making them.
You could also try adding chocolate chips in the mixture (around 1tbl spoon), or roll the balls in desiccated coconut.
Enjoy 🙂 🐼